The Colgate 26 – Perfect for Daysailing
Ergonomic Comfort Features for Casual and Weekend Sailing
The Colgate 26 is a great boat to take the family, a friend, or your spouse out for a relaxing day under sail. Pack a lunch to enjoy at anchor or sail up to a dockside café for local seafood and a cold smoothie. Like to sail alone? All lines lead back into the cockpit for easy single-handed sailing too. Every feature makes this a great daysailing boat.
To make your time on the water as comfortable as it is fun, Steve Colgate made sure the Colgate 26 creature comforts below were part of the sailboat design features that make the Colgate 26 the perfect sailboat for sale that provides the kind of day sailing you look forward to every weekend.
So, even if you're not a racing sailor, it's great fun on a Colgate 26 to pass other sailboats and leave them far behind. Whether you are sailing in light winds, a moderate breeze or heavy air, you are sure to amaze sailors on boats even larger than a Colgate 26 when you sail on by.
All the Creature Comforts You Need for Casual Day Sailing
- Portable head (so you can stay out longer without a pit stop)
- Insulated cooler for cold drinks to avoid dehydration
- 6′ V-berth and two 7′ 3” long, 2′ wide quarter berths
- Interior light
- Self-bailing rope and fender cockpit locker on starboard side
- Self-bailing storage cockpit locker on port side
- Outboard bracket for small outboard easily attached and steered by
- And you can opt for a sink and berth cushions if you want to do overnight sailing
- Self-bailing cockpit so no rain gets inside the boat
Very Easy to Transition from a Colgate 26 to Cruising Yachts
Steve Colgate also thought a lot about sailboat design features on the Colgate 26 that would make moving from a 26 footer to a 40’ or larger cruising yacht easy. For a 26′ keelboat, The Colgate 26 design incorporates an amazing number of cruising yacht features. So if you’re thinking about someday getting into larger boats, but aren’t yet ready to make that big leap, the Colgate 26 is sure to satisfy your thirst for getting out under sail, with great features that simulate big boat sailing.
Colgate 26 Design Features for Easy Transition to Cruising Yachts
- Self-tailing winches
- Rope clutches for reef lines and halyards
- Cockpit bilge pump
- Roller furling jib drum and furling line
- Lighting fuse panel
- Anchor well
- Reefing ears on gooseneck fitting
- Solid boomvang